Disclaimer: I am not a medical person, have no formal medical knowledge what-so-ever. This is just my personal experience...
Infertility Dictionary:
OCP - Oral Contraceptive Pills
HMG - Injections given for Follicular growth
HCG - Trigger injection to rupture a mature follicle to aid egg-release
TI - Timed Intercourse - Finding your ovulation period and having intercourse during that time to get pregnant.
IUI - Intra Uterine Insemination: Similar to TI, except that the male partner gives the Semen sample and the same will be "washed" and inserted into the female partner after 24 hours of her HCG shot.
TTC - Trying To Conceive
2WW - Two Week Waiting period - that agonising 2 weeks after your TI/IUI where you wait to see if you have actually become pregnant. I am probably under-stating it when I say agonising.
Endo - Endometrium
SF - Small Follicles
MSF - Many Small Follicles
Dominant - Dominant Follicle
Lap - Laproscopy: Done either for Ovarian drilling or to deal with Endo problems.
TVS - Trans Vaginal Scan
You will come to know all these and many more, when you deal with infertility. I just mentioned some of the popular ones which would make it easier when you browse on such subjects.
When I was first diagnosed with PCOS, I was 17. Back then, I had no idea that it would impact my life so much.
After 8 months of Oral contraceptives (OCP) in my marriage, we decided to try for a baby. Little did we think that it would involve so much of pain, agony and fear - oh yes, fear!
When my Gyn first told me that I would need to take medication to grow my follicles, I didn't understand the total impact of it. After two useless Doctors (useless I say because, they did not take time explain me what I have in front of me and how "big" it is), I finally found one Gyn who patiently told me what the actual problem was. My PCOS meant that both my Ovaries had too many follicles in them and during a cycle none of them went to the complete maturation stage. I had no dominant follicle at all, which meant no egg production. Because of this, even though my husband's Sperm count is good, I have no natural means of conceiving.
When I finally understood this, that I was heartbroken is one thing. But to actually believe it, my God, trust me it is not easy to know that you are infertile: that you are going to need aid to do what others in the world are doing just like that. I have friends and relatives who have conceived after just a single try. It was incredible to take in, I kept convincing myself that all I needed to do was loose a bit of weight and lo, behold, I will be pregnant.
Please don't get me wrong here. Obesity is the first enemy for PCOS. It is really ironic that PCOS can cause obesity, but if you are obese it will increase your PCOS issues. Any woman with PCOS should aim for reducing her weight, restricting her sugar intake and exercising regularly. It actually helps, no doubt about that! But, I was hallucinating myself in thinking only this is enough. I did do all these and reduced about 10 kgs (around 22 lbs). But it didn't miraculously get me pregnant. What it did do was to improve the impact of my medicines in my body. I am sure its different with every woman.
When I was first given Clomid, it just did not have an impact on my body at all! But, after I reduced by weight (I was 17 kgs over weight. I still need to get down 7 to reach my normal weight range), I could see the difference dramatically in my follicles.
The first time I took Clomid + HMG combination after the weight reduction, I actually had a dominant follicle. Imagine my happiness. And then I was given a HCG trigger after it matured to 18 mm. My Gyn asked me to go for TI. There began the problems! It is so damn frustrating to have intercourse with a child in your head! We were asked to try for 3 days and in all the 3 days, it was a chore, not something that we actually enjoyed, but we did it anyway because we knew that is when we can have a baby. It is such a turn off, let me tell you! Infertility can give you a lot of friends, the only good thing about it: you need a lot of reassurance. :-) I have made so many friends in the Gyn hospital that I go to. And from there, I do know a lot of women personally and from friends of friends who have had successful TI. But, for me personally, it wasn't working. Its not the lack of trying, its the heart of it, I guess. But, we did try and when I went for the scan, the Doctor told me I have a CL: Corpus Luteum, which means that the Follicle has ruptured and the egg has come out. So, all the Sperm needed to do was fertilise the egg and that is all. And we had done it enough times to know there was enough Sperm. I had to take Progesterone for about 15 days.
May be it was the excitement that we are actually trying in a suitable environment or that my body was so new to all these medications, but I had ALL the symptoms of pregnancy - I was nauseous all the time, had severe head ache every morning, extreme back pain, felt dizzy a couple of times...but two days after stopping my Progesterone, when I had bleeding...we were more than heartbroken, I cried for 2 full days constantly. All I did was cry, but it doesn't actually help, does it?
The problem with the creation of child is...there is no known way to do it successfully. It is not a single moment of action, it is much, much more than that. The Follicle has to grow correctly, then it has to release a healthy egg, the Sperm has to swim through the correct tube, then it has to actually fertilise the egg, the implantation needs to happen...whew!
Only in IVF, all the above can actually be monitored and even IVF is not always successful.
So, without any doubt, pregnancy is actually rare. Yes, it is! If you have been successful in getting pregnant, without even understanding the variables involved in it, you are one of those lucky ones: I am envious of you, and I wish you the best with your children. Since I know the pain, I also know the value. Have a safe delivery and a wonderful, healthy baby!
I would really love to hear from women who have had successful TI/IUI. It is always wonderful to hear success stories...it gives me immense hope and pleasure. And to all women out there who are still TTC like me, please share your stories too, we all know how much we need to share and talk to relieve our stress and keep us hopeful.
Waiting to hear from you all!
P.S: This doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear from others as well... :-)
Infertility Dictionary:
OCP - Oral Contraceptive Pills
HMG - Injections given for Follicular growth
HCG - Trigger injection to rupture a mature follicle to aid egg-release
TI - Timed Intercourse - Finding your ovulation period and having intercourse during that time to get pregnant.
IUI - Intra Uterine Insemination: Similar to TI, except that the male partner gives the Semen sample and the same will be "washed" and inserted into the female partner after 24 hours of her HCG shot.
TTC - Trying To Conceive
2WW - Two Week Waiting period - that agonising 2 weeks after your TI/IUI where you wait to see if you have actually become pregnant. I am probably under-stating it when I say agonising.
Endo - Endometrium
SF - Small Follicles
MSF - Many Small Follicles
Dominant - Dominant Follicle
Lap - Laproscopy: Done either for Ovarian drilling or to deal with Endo problems.
TVS - Trans Vaginal Scan
You will come to know all these and many more, when you deal with infertility. I just mentioned some of the popular ones which would make it easier when you browse on such subjects.
When I was first diagnosed with PCOS, I was 17. Back then, I had no idea that it would impact my life so much.
After 8 months of Oral contraceptives (OCP) in my marriage, we decided to try for a baby. Little did we think that it would involve so much of pain, agony and fear - oh yes, fear!
When my Gyn first told me that I would need to take medication to grow my follicles, I didn't understand the total impact of it. After two useless Doctors (useless I say because, they did not take time explain me what I have in front of me and how "big" it is), I finally found one Gyn who patiently told me what the actual problem was. My PCOS meant that both my Ovaries had too many follicles in them and during a cycle none of them went to the complete maturation stage. I had no dominant follicle at all, which meant no egg production. Because of this, even though my husband's Sperm count is good, I have no natural means of conceiving.
When I finally understood this, that I was heartbroken is one thing. But to actually believe it, my God, trust me it is not easy to know that you are infertile: that you are going to need aid to do what others in the world are doing just like that. I have friends and relatives who have conceived after just a single try. It was incredible to take in, I kept convincing myself that all I needed to do was loose a bit of weight and lo, behold, I will be pregnant.
Please don't get me wrong here. Obesity is the first enemy for PCOS. It is really ironic that PCOS can cause obesity, but if you are obese it will increase your PCOS issues. Any woman with PCOS should aim for reducing her weight, restricting her sugar intake and exercising regularly. It actually helps, no doubt about that! But, I was hallucinating myself in thinking only this is enough. I did do all these and reduced about 10 kgs (around 22 lbs). But it didn't miraculously get me pregnant. What it did do was to improve the impact of my medicines in my body. I am sure its different with every woman.
When I was first given Clomid, it just did not have an impact on my body at all! But, after I reduced by weight (I was 17 kgs over weight. I still need to get down 7 to reach my normal weight range), I could see the difference dramatically in my follicles.
The first time I took Clomid + HMG combination after the weight reduction, I actually had a dominant follicle. Imagine my happiness. And then I was given a HCG trigger after it matured to 18 mm. My Gyn asked me to go for TI. There began the problems! It is so damn frustrating to have intercourse with a child in your head! We were asked to try for 3 days and in all the 3 days, it was a chore, not something that we actually enjoyed, but we did it anyway because we knew that is when we can have a baby. It is such a turn off, let me tell you! Infertility can give you a lot of friends, the only good thing about it: you need a lot of reassurance. :-) I have made so many friends in the Gyn hospital that I go to. And from there, I do know a lot of women personally and from friends of friends who have had successful TI. But, for me personally, it wasn't working. Its not the lack of trying, its the heart of it, I guess. But, we did try and when I went for the scan, the Doctor told me I have a CL: Corpus Luteum, which means that the Follicle has ruptured and the egg has come out. So, all the Sperm needed to do was fertilise the egg and that is all. And we had done it enough times to know there was enough Sperm. I had to take Progesterone for about 15 days.
May be it was the excitement that we are actually trying in a suitable environment or that my body was so new to all these medications, but I had ALL the symptoms of pregnancy - I was nauseous all the time, had severe head ache every morning, extreme back pain, felt dizzy a couple of times...but two days after stopping my Progesterone, when I had bleeding...we were more than heartbroken, I cried for 2 full days constantly. All I did was cry, but it doesn't actually help, does it?
The problem with the creation of child is...there is no known way to do it successfully. It is not a single moment of action, it is much, much more than that. The Follicle has to grow correctly, then it has to release a healthy egg, the Sperm has to swim through the correct tube, then it has to actually fertilise the egg, the implantation needs to happen...whew!
Only in IVF, all the above can actually be monitored and even IVF is not always successful.
So, without any doubt, pregnancy is actually rare. Yes, it is! If you have been successful in getting pregnant, without even understanding the variables involved in it, you are one of those lucky ones: I am envious of you, and I wish you the best with your children. Since I know the pain, I also know the value. Have a safe delivery and a wonderful, healthy baby!
I would really love to hear from women who have had successful TI/IUI. It is always wonderful to hear success stories...it gives me immense hope and pleasure. And to all women out there who are still TTC like me, please share your stories too, we all know how much we need to share and talk to relieve our stress and keep us hopeful.
Waiting to hear from you all!
P.S: This doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear from others as well... :-)
Hi all i am 37 i was diagnosed with PCOS/insulin resistance, me and my husband have been trying for more than 12years so we went to the obgyn and he put me on metformin 500mg 1x a day progesterone, Clomid 50 mg first month no ovulation 2nd month he uped the dosage on clomid to 100 that didnt make me ovulate either i am not on my last day of progesterone and will be taking clomid 150mg i am also taking dexamethasone and pregnitude to help me ovulate. my next step was the injections and looking into them they are very costy and steel no positive result then i saw on google how people use spiritual and herbal herbs from ashra to get pregnant so i gave a try and here 2012 i got pregnant and got a baby girl and i decided to try again and i contacted ashra again and 5weeks pregnant now thanks ashra spell temple.. if you in my situation dnt go wasting money on injections and other meds contact ashra for help on : ashraspelltemple@gmail.com or call or whatsapps +2348058176311 thanks all
ReplyDeleteI have been suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) since my 20 years of age. Ever since i got married i have not been able to get pregnant, so i was completely barren due to this genetic disorder. I was prescribed several Clomid Meds but couldn't see any improvement. I would basically go from one outbreak to the next. Finally, on my best friend's recommendation about Dr James herbal mix medicine who cures all kinds of diseases with his herbal medicine, I decided to try his herbal remedy which is made in liquid form with natural roots and herbs from Dr James. Within a few weeks, I could see improvements in the symptoms.
ReplyDeleteMy Menstrual Period has been maintained to normal,I used this medicine for two weeks and after some months later i began to have some early symptoms of pregnancy, its been over a year and some months now since i used that medicine and i have successfully given birth to a child,after been childless for many years due to this PCOS Syndrome. I would recommend this medicine to my other friends out there who are suffering from PCOS or any kind of diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
Dementia.Lupus.
,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him ON : drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com And You can call/WhatsApp dr James on +2348152855846