After a single cycle of TI itself, we figured out that TI is not for us. It was too exhausting on an already stressful journey. So, we decided to try IUI.
IUI #1 and #2 - August 2012
After Clomid + Injections, had 2 nice Follicles of 18mm each. Took a shot of HCG 5000 and had my IUI done on 2 days. Both the follicles went on to become CL. It was a very hopeful time... we had 2 follicles, and that was good, was our collective feelings. But no, it was not to be. After another agonising 2WW, got my AF. Another round of crying and heartbreak...
September 2012
Had a Cyst and the cycle was dropped with OCP.
IUI #3 and #4 - October 2012
My RE decided that I shouldn't take anymore Clomid and should take only the HMG injections. This time had only one follicle, but ofcourse there is always hope. So we went ahead. After 2 days of IUI and yet another agonising 2WW, AF again! Actually this time I was much more prepared for the result than my husband. He was so dejected with the whole vicious cycle that it took me a real long time to get him okay.
November 2012: The scariest of all
Out of my once cycle of TI and two cycles of IUI, this cycle proved to be most disheartening of all... I had an ECF on Day 6: Endometrial Cavity Fluid, but my RE went ahead with the Injections saying that the ECF will disappear anyway. It did...but my follicles just refused to respond. I had twice the number of injections than the ones I usually take, but to no avail. It was one of the scariest cycles that I underwent, it was so emotionally stressful and painful that I actually thought about taking a break from TTC.
December 2012 - Now I come to my current situation
Me and my husband had a talk with our RE. She gave us two options: Laproscopy for Ovarian drilling and then another round of IUI or IVF. Somehow, IVF scares me the most. Not because it won't work, but because it is the one thing that I think which will take the complete control out of our hands. And moreover, there is the cost factor to be considered. So, we decided to go ahead with Laproscopy option. On 15th December 2012, I underwent Laproscopy to perform Ovarian drilling. They found a polyp (which has gone for testing, but my RE told me it looked extremely harmless, whatever that is!), another functional Cyst (God, I really hate them, they screw up your cycle when there aren't many to begin with!) and did drilling on both my Ovaries. Was under Gen Anesthesia and it took me about 2 days to get over the drowsy feeling. Now, I am just "recovering", so to speak. My stitches would be removed on Monday - 24th. And in the next cycle we need to get an IUI done.
And here I am waiting to go to my RE on Monday to get my stitches removed and to ask her, "What next?"
IUI #1 and #2 - August 2012
After Clomid + Injections, had 2 nice Follicles of 18mm each. Took a shot of HCG 5000 and had my IUI done on 2 days. Both the follicles went on to become CL. It was a very hopeful time... we had 2 follicles, and that was good, was our collective feelings. But no, it was not to be. After another agonising 2WW, got my AF. Another round of crying and heartbreak...
September 2012
Had a Cyst and the cycle was dropped with OCP.
IUI #3 and #4 - October 2012
My RE decided that I shouldn't take anymore Clomid and should take only the HMG injections. This time had only one follicle, but ofcourse there is always hope. So we went ahead. After 2 days of IUI and yet another agonising 2WW, AF again! Actually this time I was much more prepared for the result than my husband. He was so dejected with the whole vicious cycle that it took me a real long time to get him okay.
November 2012: The scariest of all
Out of my once cycle of TI and two cycles of IUI, this cycle proved to be most disheartening of all... I had an ECF on Day 6: Endometrial Cavity Fluid, but my RE went ahead with the Injections saying that the ECF will disappear anyway. It did...but my follicles just refused to respond. I had twice the number of injections than the ones I usually take, but to no avail. It was one of the scariest cycles that I underwent, it was so emotionally stressful and painful that I actually thought about taking a break from TTC.
December 2012 - Now I come to my current situation
Me and my husband had a talk with our RE. She gave us two options: Laproscopy for Ovarian drilling and then another round of IUI or IVF. Somehow, IVF scares me the most. Not because it won't work, but because it is the one thing that I think which will take the complete control out of our hands. And moreover, there is the cost factor to be considered. So, we decided to go ahead with Laproscopy option. On 15th December 2012, I underwent Laproscopy to perform Ovarian drilling. They found a polyp (which has gone for testing, but my RE told me it looked extremely harmless, whatever that is!), another functional Cyst (God, I really hate them, they screw up your cycle when there aren't many to begin with!) and did drilling on both my Ovaries. Was under Gen Anesthesia and it took me about 2 days to get over the drowsy feeling. Now, I am just "recovering", so to speak. My stitches would be removed on Monday - 24th. And in the next cycle we need to get an IUI done.
And here I am waiting to go to my RE on Monday to get my stitches removed and to ask her, "What next?"
No comments:
Post a Comment