Sunday, 23 December 2012

Journey of IF and Friendships...

IF can give and take away friends from you.

After fighting with IF for almost two years now and almost one and a half years of TTC... I have not exactly lost friends, but it is not exactly "comfortable" with them anymore...

I have this one friend of mine who had a baby very soon after her marriage (huh, what very soon? I should call it exactly the ninth month of her marriage)... and in the past year, she has become pregnant again. And every time I talk to her, it is like, "When are you going to have a baby? You cannot delay such things you know? Apparently these days it is not that easy! (Oh, really? I would never know about this now, would I?) You should try for the earliest!" No, she doesn't know about my IF issues. Most of my friends back from my College days (and she is one such) know that I had issues with my periods. But they do not know the extent of it. And admittedly, I have had the courage to explain my issues to only about two of them. And they don't always "get" it either. It is always treated like a delicate subject. And after some really embarassing conversations, I have dropped it. They are actually very good friends of mine and aside this we get along really well. Somehow I think, only one infertile person can actually get another.

Amongst all my friends who also happened to be my neighbour in my childhood, seems to actually get me, because she too has PCOS and all the associated trappings. Only when we talk, do I really feel that, "here is someone, who actually understands what I say... what I am actually feeling."

I had the same feeling in the past few days after I started my blog, I have gotten that feeling again, when I have been looking into most of the other IF bloggers' posts...successful ones, others like mine - trying one way or the other...

Of course, when I read into some people's blogs, I think, "Oh God...how many days! And how they have held on it! And here I am just one and a half years into it and already feeling depressed!" So, thank you all you, you who have been writing for a long time about your issues, you who have been writing even after your journey has ended successfully, you who have been writing in hope that someone would find it useful...thank you, thank you so much!

Online or in person, there is nothing like your infertile buddies to pick your mood up and fill you up with that wonderful thing called "hope"!

No comments:

Post a Comment